WHO ARE OUR CUSTOMERS ?
TRANSPORT & DISTRIBUTION
- Everyday 1,2 Million refrigerated trucks and 550 000 refrigerated containers (rail/water) are on the move worldwide.
- Driven by eCommerce, the CEP (Courier Express Parcels) market is growing at +6,3% /year.
- The refrigerated mass transport sector widely recognizes the challenge of « last mile » deliveries.
LOGISTICS & PACKAGING
- We provide high-performing solutions for external temperatures ranging from -15°C to +45°C.
- Our multi-seasonal boxes can be used in winter and summer.
- Easy access to the content of the box, since we do not need cold sources (gels) at the top and bottom.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Alcoholic beverages like Beer, Wine and Champagne are best consumed at the right temperature, mainly cold.
- Corkpack has developed customized cork-based solutions for this market, like ice buckets (for a prestigious champagne brand), and BIB (« bag-in-box ») containers for keeping wine and other beverages fresh during parties, picnics and barbecues.
- 20% of all medications & vaccines require temperature-controlled transportation, representing 900 Million parcels shipped /year worldwide.
- Because of the high-value and temperature-sensitive content of pharma parcels, our high-performing packaging solutions are especially well designed for these kinds of needs.
- Temperature constraints are very high, similar to the Pharma sector.
- High-value and small-volume
- Speed and efficiency of transportation are critical.
- Eco-friendly, recyclable solutions are especially appreciated in this sector.
- This sector typically produces high-value equipment, which often requires careful transportation under temperature-controlled conditions.
- Content ranging from simple equipment (like baxters, blood bags, syringes), to complex equipment (like artifical hearts or radiotherapy equipment).
How does it work ?
- Optimization of the distribution and transfer of cold,
as a result of an innovative system with double, perforated or non-perforated walls.
- Based on an ingenious structure of cork inserts,
that does not hinder the homogeneous distribution of cold.
- to adjust the rate of the cold/hot exchange with the content,
while avoiding thermal shocks.
- to maximize the homogeneity of the distribution of cold/hot around the content.
- to reach very stable temperature levels up to 96 hours (4 days).
We believe that our products:
- are superior from an environmental perspective
- are superior from a recycling perspective
- are superior from a performance (temperature control) perspective
- are more adaptable (same box for winter and summer)
- are often lighter than most competitor’s products
(because we use less gels)
- take less volume than most competitor’s products
- will help our customers to make significant cost savings
MISSION STATEMENT OUR PHILOSOPHY
We are entrepreneurs, with many years of professional experience in start ups.
We are passionate about building new businesses, borne out of new ideas.
We believe in innovation and technical progress, in service to everyone. Humankind has constantly evolved, to find more efficient solutions and to increase performance and well-being.
We have filed a patent for the first cork-based temperature-controlled packaging. We believe in the respect of intellectual property, but intend to share the benefit of this new idea, through commercial partnerships.
Cork is 100% natural, sustainable and recyclable ; unlike other materials used in temperature-controlled supply chain solutions – like polystyrene, polyurethane and polypropylene, produced from petroleum.
We believe in doing business ethically,
by respecting not only existing legislation (environmental, social, fiscal), but also the rights and interests of our clients, suppliers, partners, and employees.
MADE in EUROPE
Corkpack is based in Belgium, a land of SMEs. We believe that our country, and Europe more widely, will benefit from the creation of this innovative business and from the jobs it will generate.